- To serve: ice cubes, lime wedges, mint sprigs and sparkling mineral water
- 350 ml passionfruit pulp (from about 8 Panama passionfruit)
- 385 gm caster sugar (1¾ cups)
- 60 ml lime juice (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1For passionfruit cordial, process pulp in a food processor to separate juice from seeds, then strain through a sieve to yield 250ml liquid (discard seeds). Transfer to a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add sugar, lime juice and 150ml water, stir until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until syrupy (6-8 minutes). Remove from heat, add vinegar, skim scum from surface, transfer to a sterile bottle, refrigerate until cool. Makes about 500ml. Passionfruit cordial will keep refrigerated for a month.
- 2To serve, pour passionfruit cordial to taste into tall glasses filled with ice, squeeze over lime wedges to taste, add mint, top up with mineral water, stir to combine and serve.