- 130 gm butter, softened
- 90 gm brown sugar
- 60 gm golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 160 gm self-raising flour
- 80 gm rolled oats
- 80 gm walnuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp each mixed spice and ground ginger
- 1Beat butter, sugar and golden syrup in an electric mixer until pale, then add egg and beat to combine. Stir in remaining ingredients and refrigerate to rest (2 hours).
- 2Preheat oven to 170C. Form heaped tablespoons of mixture into balls, place on oven trays lined with baking paper and press lightly to flatten. Bake, swapping trays halfway through, until golden (10-15 minutes). Set aside to cool slightly, then serve. Biscuits will keep stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place for 3-4 days.