You can adjust this recipe to your own taste. You might like to give it a little sweetness with some honey, or you might prefer a good splash of brandy.
- 2 litres good-quality dry apple cider (8 cups)
- 4 thin lemon slices
- 3 pieces orange rind, removed with a peeler
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 star anise
- 3 cloves
- To taste: honey (optional)
- 1Stir ingredients in a saucepan over low heat to combine and infuse (20-30 minutes; do not boil). Serve hot with honey if desired.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Hotel AwardsAustralia's Hotel of the Year for 2018 is revealedYesterday 10:00pm