Double lamb chops, also known as Barnsley or saddle chops, may need to be ordered ahead from your butcher. If they're unavailable, substitute regular lamb chops and adjust the cooking time.
- 200 gm Greek-style yoghurt, plus extra to serve
- 4 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp each garam masala and cumin
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 10 gm ginger, grated (2cm piece)
- Juice and finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 6 double lamb chops (about 300gm each)
- To serve: naan bread
Coconut, mint and lime sambal
- 40 gm fresh coconut, grated or thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1 cup coarsely chopped mint
- 1 long green chilli, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1Heat a large char-grill pan or barbecue to medium-high heat. Combine yoghurt, garlic, spices, ginger and lemon juice and rind in a non-reactive container, season to taste and stir to combine. Add lamb chops, turn to coat, then grill lamb, turning once, until cooked through (8-10 minutes). Set aside to rest for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, for coconut, mint and lime sambal, combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste. Serve with lamb chops, naan and Greek-style yoghurt on the side.