You will need to begin this recipe 1 day ahead.
- 1.2 litres milk
- 50 gm honey
- 3 pieces orange rind, removed with a peeler
- 2 cinnamon quills
- 2 star anise
- 2 vanilla beans, split and seeds scraped, pods reserved
- 1 cardamom pod, bruised
- 1Combine all ingredients in a heavy-based saucepan and bring just to the boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour or until reduced to 1 litre. Refrigerate overnight, then strain, reserving vanilla pods. Serve, garnished with half a vanilla pod, chilled or warmed.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm