- 1 tsp each cumin seeds, coriander seeds and fennel seeds
- 1 eggwhite
- 15 gm caster sugar
- 450 gm mixed nuts, such as raw cashews, natural almonds and unsalted peanuts
- 50 gm pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- Finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1Preheat oven to 150C. Pound whole spices in a mortar and pestle until coarsely ground, then set aside.
- 2Whisk eggwhite in a large bowl until firm peaks form (1-2 minutes), gradually add sugar and whisk to combine. Stir in remaining ingredients and 3 tsp sea salt, spread on an oven tray and roast, stirring occasionally, until golden (15-20 minutes). Set aside to cool then break into pieces and serve. Spiced nuts will keep in an airtight container for a week.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Travel NewsNew art collections and shows worth travelling forYesterday 5:58am
- Food NewsGourmet Traveller taste tests McDonald’s Wagyu Beef BurgerYesterday 12:35am