- 200 gm raw peanuts
- 250 ml (1 cup) peanut oil
- 20 kaffir lime leaves, large leaves torn
- Finely grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 tsp roasted chilli flakes
- 1Combine peanuts and oil in a deep saucepan and stir occasionally over medium heat until peanuts begin to change colour (1½-2 minutes), add lime leaves and immediately place a lid on as they will spit and sputter. Once they stop spitting, remove lid and stir occasionally until peanuts are just light golden (peanuts will darken as they cool) and lime leaves are crisp (2-3 minutes). Drain in a sieve over a bowl, discarding oil, then drain on paper towels. Combine lime rind, chilli flakes and 1 tbsp sea salt flakes in a bowl, add peanut mixture, turn gently to coat and serve. Peanuts will keep in an airtight container for 2-3 days.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am