This dish works equally well served individually as an appetiser on lettuce cups or all arranged together on a platter.
- 250 gm picked cooked spanner crab meat
- ½ green papaya, cut into julienne on a mandolin
- Handful each torn Thai basil and coriander
- 12 baby gem or cos lettuce leaves
Green chilli dressing
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Juice of 3 limes, or to taste
- 1 tbsp fish sauce, or to taste
- 2 small green chillies, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp crushed light palm sugar, or to taste
- 1Drain crabmeat well in a sieve, then transfer to a bowl, add papaya and herbs, season well to taste and refrigerate until required.
- 2For dressing, combine garlic, lime juice, fish sauce, chillies and palm sugar in a bowl and check seasoning (it should taste salty, sour, spicy and sweet).
- 3Drizzle dressing over crab mixture and toss to combine. Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter, top with spoonfuls of crab mixture and serve.
Drink Suggestion: A zesty young riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm