- 300 ml plain Greek-style yoghurt
- 500 gm English spinach leaves
- 45 gm (¼ cup) burghul
- 6 Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 tsp sumac
- 1Spoon yoghurt into a muslin-lined sieve placed over a bowl. Refrigerate, covered with plastic wrap, to drain slightly (1 hour).
- 2Blanch spinach until just wilted (1 minute), then refresh, drain, squeeze out excess water and set aside.
- 3Place burghul in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to just cover grains. Set aside until tender (10-15 minutes), drain through a sieve to remove any excess water, then stir with a fork to separate grains.
- 4Preheat a char-grill or barbecue to medium-high heat. Brush tomatoes with oil and season with sea salt. Grill, cut-side down, until just tender, turning once (3-4 minutes each side).
- 5Add spinach to burghul and toss to combine. Scatter over a platter, top with grilled tomatoes and spoonfuls of labne, scatter with sumac, drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Off-dry riesling. Drink suggestion by Max Allen