- 60 gm (¼ cup) pearl barley
- 600 gm (about 3 bunches) English spinach, roots trimmed and discarded, washed
- 1 lemon, zested rind only
- 200 gm goat’s curd
- 60 ml (¼ cup) extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 2 tbsp each of coriander seeds and cumin seeds
- 1Place pearl barley in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer until tender (20-30 minutes). Drain and cool to room temperature.
- 2Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add spinach, cover and cook until just wilted (1-2 minutes), then refresh under cold running water. Squeeze out excess water, combine in a bowl with barley and lemon rind and season to taste. Arrange on a serving platter, spoon over goat’s curd and set aside.
- 3Heat olive oil and spices in a small saucepan over low heat until fragrant (4-5 minutes), drizzle over salad and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am