"The idea of this salad is to use whatever greens you can get your hands on in spring, and of course there are many," says Rodney Dunn. "We love to combine the cooked and the raw for different textures."
- 200 gm baby spinach
- 100 gm rocket
- 3 baby cos, cut into wedges
- 1 bunch chives, coarsely chopped
- 350 gm sour cream
- 120 ml buttermilk
- 40 gm parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1½ tsp caster sugar
- 1For buttermilk dressing, blend ingredients and 1½ tsp each salt and ground black pepper in a blender until combined. Refrigerate until required. Buttermilk dressing will keep for up to a week.
- 2Blanch spinach in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until wilted (5-10 seconds), then drain and refresh under cold running water. Drain and squeeze to remove excess water.
- 3Combine rocket, cos, chives and spinach in a bowl, and serve drizzled with buttermilk dressing.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am