If you can find baby corn that isn't sold in a packet or is still in the husk it'll have a better flavour. This stir-fry has great summery flavours and plenty of texture.
- 200 gm steak, such as sirloin, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 60 ml chicken stock (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 60 ml (¼ cup grapeseed oil (60 ml ()
- 8 baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 banana shallots, or large golden shallots, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped coriander
- 3 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1Combine steak, dark soy sauce and half the light soy sauce in a bowl, toss to coat and set aside.
- 2Stir chicken stock, cornflour and remaining light soy sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- 3Heat oil in a wok over high heat, then stir-fry corn and shallot until golden (1-2 minutes). Remove from pan and set aside. Add beef to wok along with garlic and stir-fry until just cooked
(1-2 minutes). Return corn and shallot to pan, add tomatoes, coriander, sesame seeds and sesame oil, and toss to combine. Add stock mixture, season to taste and stir-fry until everything is glossy (1 minute). Serve with rice.
Drink Suggestion: Elegant young cabernet Drink suggestion by Max Allen