- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 long red chilli, halved lengthways, seeds removed
- 300 gm cavolo nero (about 3 bunches), trimmed
- 250 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1 cup)
- 1 quantity <b><u><a href='http://www.gourmettraveller.com.au/egg-yolk-pasta-dough.htm'>egg-yolk pasta dough</a></b></u>
- 1For stracci, cut pasta sheets into 10cm squares. Set aside on a tray dusted with semolina.
- 2Blanch garlic and chilli in boiling salted water until tender (4-5 minutes), remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Blanch cavolo nero until tender (1-2 minutes), drain well, reserving 2 tbsp cooking water. Process cavolo nero with garlic, chilli and reserved cooking water in a food processor until a thick paste forms. Stir through oil, season to taste and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (2-3 minutes), drain and toss through cavolo nero mixture. Season to taste, scatter with pecorino and serve hot.