- 750 gm softened cream cheese
- 500 gm mascarpone
- 190 gm raw caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 250 gm sour cream
- 140 gm strawberries, coarsely chopped
Sweet ginger pastry
- 125 gm softened butter
- 30 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
- 125 gm plain flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
Strawberries in ginger syrup
- 300 gm raw caster sugar
- 2 tbsp ginger, cut into julienne
- 500 gm strawberries (about 2 punnets), coarsely chopped
- 1For sweet ginger pastry, preheat oven to 150C. Beat butter and icing sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes), sieve over flour and ground ginger, stir to combine. Turn onto a work surface, bring together with the heel of your hand, roll out to 4mm thick and line the base of a 27cm-diameter, 5cm-deep fluted tart tin, trimming edges. Refrigerate to rest (30 minutes), prick with a fork, blind bake until light golden (15-20 minutes), remove weights, bake until crisp (4-5 minutes), cool.
- 2Lightly brush sides of tart tin with butter. Process cream cheese, mascarpone, 165gm raw caster sugar, lime rind and juice in a food processor until smooth, scrape down sides then add 3 eggs, one at a time, processing to combine. Pour over pastry, bake until just set (40-45 minutes).
- 3Process sour cream, strawberries and remaining raw caster sugar in a food processor until smooth, add remaining egg and process to combine. Ladle over cheesecake and bake until just set (8-10 minutes). Cool, then refrigerate until completely chilled (4-5 hours).
- 4Meanwhile, for strawberries in ginger syrup, combine raw caster sugar and 250ml water in a saucepan, stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves. Bring to the simmer, add ginger, cook until ginger is translucent and liquid is reduced to a light syrup (5-6 minutes). Remove from heat, add lime juice and half the strawberries, refrigerate until chilled. Add remaining strawberries, serve with cheesecake.