Not just a pretty plate - this dessert bursts with bright berry flavour. Start this recipe a day ahead to freeze the sorbet.
- 250 gm strawberries, sliced (about 1 punnet)
- 125 gm raspberries (about 1 punnet)
- 12 cherries, halved and pitted
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- ½ tsp rosewater, or to taste
- 500 gm fresh or frozen raspberries (about 4 punnets)
- 150 gm rice malt syrup
- 1For raspberry sorbet, purée raspberries, 90gm malt syrup and 90ml water in a food processor until smooth, then strain through a fine sieve. Divide among ice-cube trays (or place ¼ cup purée in separate snap-lock bags) and freeze overnight. Transfer cubes to a food processor, add remaining malt syrup and 1 tbsp water and process until smooth, then freeze until just firm. Sorbet is best eaten within two days. Makes about 500ml.
- 2Toss remaining ingredients in a bowl to combine and serve topped with a scoop of sorbet and scattered with lemon balm.