- 5 small green zucchini
- 1 tbsp mixed toasted seeds, such as sunflower, sesame and pepitas
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- To serve: zucchini flowers, stamens removed and torn (optional)
Mint and lemon dressing
- 1 cup (firmly packed) mint leaves
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil (mild-tasting) (½ cup)
- 1 small garlic clove, halved
- Juice of 1 lemon, finely grated rind of ½
- 1Slice zucchini into a bowl using a mandolin, season with ¾ tsp sea salt flakes and stand until zucchini softens (2 minutes). Drain well and pat dry with absorbent paper, then return to a dry bowl.
- 2For mint and lemon dressing, blend ingredients in a blender until a fairly fine sauce forms. Pour over zucchini, toss to coat and season to taste.
- 3Transfer zucchini to a platter, scatter with seeds and zucchini flowers, finish with parmesan and serve.
Drink Suggestion: Perfumed white fiano. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Food NewsFarmer is a new cookbook raising funds for the droughtYesterday 12:00am