"This cocktail is just as suitable for barbecues as it is for luxe cocktail parties," says Ashton. Start this recipe two days ahead to make the vermouth and chill the Negroni mixture.
- 180 ml Four Pillars Spiced Negroni Gin
- 150 ml Select Aperitivo
- Large ice cubes, to serve
- Orange ring, cut into a small round, to serve
Pineapple bianco vermouth
- 300 ml Bianco vermouth
- 3 small pieces dried pineapple (see note), finely chopped
- 1For vermouth, combine ingredients in a container and leave at room temperature for 1 day to macerate. Strain and refrigerate to chill.
- 2Combine gin, Aperitivo, pineapple vermouth and 90ml water in a bottle, then refrigerate to chill (overnight). Makes about 700ml.
- 3For 1 serve, pour 120ml Negroni mixture over ice cube in a double-rocks glass and garnish with orange.
Dried pineapple is available from delicatessens.