- 2 coriander roots, scrubbed
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 60 ml (¼ cup) each fish sauce and lime juice
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 450 gm medium uncooked prawns, peeled with tails intact, deveined
- 1 mini watermelon, roughly spooned out into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pink grapefruit, segmented and broken into smaller pieces
- 50 gm roasted unsalted cashew nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 large handfuls each of torn mint and coriander
- 2 red shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 80 gm fried shallots (optional), to serve
- 1Pound coriander roots, garlic and a pinch of sea salt to a fine paste with a mortar and pestle. Add fish sauce, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce, stir to combine and set aside.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over high heat and cook prawns in batches, stirring, until just cooked and golden-brown (2-3 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- 3Toss watermelon, grapefruit, cashew nuts, herbs, shallots and lime leaves in a bowl, add prawns, toss to just combine and serve scattered with fried shallots.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesLamb rack with piquillo peppers, rocket and burghulYesterday 5:00am