- 50 gm dried porcini mushrooms
- 50 gm mixed dried mushrooms
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 golden shallots, thickly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 50 gm chestnut mushrooms, large caps halved
- 50 gm pine or shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup thyme leaves (loosely packed)
- 250 ml chicken stock (1 cup)
- 400 gm dried tagliatelle
- 250 gm mascarpone
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped, to serve (loosely packed)
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup of liquid. Strain reserved liquid through a fine sieve.
- 2Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat, cook shallots and garlic for 3 minutes or until soft. Add soaked mushrooms, chestnuts, pine mushrooms and thyme to shallot mixture, sauté for 20 minutes or until mushrooms are golden. Add stock and reserved liquid, bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is almost reduced. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until
al dente, drain and return to pan. Add mushroom mixture, mascarpone and parsley and toss to combine. Serve immediately with parmesan.