This is a variation on Italian pasta salad with long noodles, and is surprisingly lovely eaten cold. Serve it with a good sprinkling of parmesan, as you would hot pasta.
- 300 gm dried tagliolini or linguine
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeds removed, finely chopped
- ¼ cup each finely chopped flat-leaf parsley and basil
- 4 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 golden shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp drained capers preserved in vinegar, finely chopped
- To serve: finely grated parmesan
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente (5-10 minutes). Drain, then refresh under cold running water, drain well. Transfer to a large bowl, add 1 tbsp olive oil and toss to coat well. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in a bowl. Season to taste, then add to pasta and toss to combine. Serve cold, scattered with parmesan.