Makes 2 cups as an appetiser.
- 300 gm pitted black Kalamata olives (2 cups)
- 6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm small salted capers, rinsed and drained (¼ cup)
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- To serve: sourdough toast
- 1Process olives, anchovy, capers and thyme in a food processor until well combined (3-4 minutes). With motor running, add olive oil and lemon juice and process until a smooth paste forms (1-2 minutes). Serve tapenade with sourdough toast.
Drink Suggestion: Pastis. Drink suggestion by Max Allen