- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 800 gm small cherry or grape tomatoes (about 3 punnets)
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 300 ml pouring cream
- 350 gm dried lumache (see note)
- To serve: finely grated parmesan and basil leaves (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large frying pan, add tomato and cook over high heat until blistered and golden (3-5 minutes). Reduce heat to medium, add onion and garlic and sauté until tender (3-5 minutes). Reduce heat to low and simmer until slightly thickened (2-3 minutes). Add cream, stir to combine, then season to taste and keep warm.
- 2Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente (7-10 minutes). Drain and add to tomato sauce. Toss to combine, season to taste and serve hot, scattered with parmesan and basil leaves.
Note Lumache is a medium-sized, snail-shaped pasta available from select delicatessens. If unavailable, substitute any medium-sized short pasta.