- 650 gm mixed baby tomatoes, such as yellow grape, cherry and baby Roma
- ½ baby fennel bulb, shaved on a mandolin, plus fronds, to serve
- 1 salad onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups (loosely packed) watercress sprigs
- 200 gm plain flour (1 1/3 cups)
- 150 gm chilled butter, coarsely chopped
- 50 gm finely grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1For parmesan pastry, process flour and butter in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add parmesan, process to combine, add 40-60ml iced water, pulsing to form a dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly to form a disc, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled (1 hour). Roll out on a lightly floured surface to a 35cm-diameter round and line a 25cm-diameter tart tin, trim edges and prick base with a fork. Refrigerate to rest (30 minutes).
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180C. Blind bake pastry until light golden (15-25 minutes), then remove paper and weights and bake until golden and crisp (5-10 minutes). Set aside to cool.
- 3For mustard dressing, whisk ingredients in a large bowl to combine, season to taste and set aside.
- 4Add tomato, fennel, spring onion and watercress sprigs to dressing, toss lightly to combine, season to taste, then transfer to pastry case. Scatter over parmesan and fennel fronds and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Pale and fruity sparkling rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen