- 200 gm wedge of firm ricotta
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Finely grated rind and juice of ½ lemon
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1½ tsp thyme
- 200 gm crustless sourdough bread (about ½ loaf)
- 20 gm finely grated pecorino, plus extra, shaved, to serve
- 1 tbsp aged red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 red oak lettuces, leaves separated, larger ones coarsely torn
- 2 cups (loosely packed) rocket, coarsely torn (about 1 bunch)
- ½ cup coarsely torn flat-leaf parsley
- 1Preheat oven to 200C. Place ricotta on an oven tray lined with baking paper, drizzle with 20ml oil, scatter with lemon rind, chilli flakes and ½ tsp thyme, season to taste and bake until browned (20-25 minutes). Cool completely, then coarsely crumble into a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, tear sourdough into coarse pieces and combine in a separate bowl with grated pecorino and remaining thyme. Drizzle with 30ml oil, toss to coat then spread on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden and crisp (10-12 minutes). Cool completely.
- 3Combine lemon juice, vinegar, mustard and remaining oil in a screw-top jar, season to taste and shake to combine well.
- 4Add lettuce, rocket, parsley, croûtons and shaved pecorino to ricotta, drizzle with dressing, toss to combine, serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Pale, dry rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCasarecce with pork sausage, cavolo nero and chilliYesterday 6:00am