- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 small red chilli, coarsely chopped
- 3 coriander roots, scraped
- 2 avocados, coarsely chopped
- 100 gm cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ small Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup coarsely chopped coriander
- 1Heat oil in a deep saucepan to 180C. Pound paprika and 2 tsp sea salt in a mortar and pestle until finely ground, then set aside.
- 2Stack tortillas on top of each other, cut into 8 wedges, then deep-fry in batches, turning occasionally, until crisp (1-2 minutes; be careful, hot oil will spit). Remove with a slotted spoon, season with paprika salt, then cool. Tostadas will keep for 3 days in an airtight container.
- 3For rough guacamole, pound garlic, chilli and coriander roots in a mortar and pestle to a coarse paste. Add avocado, tomato, onion and lime juice, pound to combine, then stir in oil and coriander and season to taste. Serve with tostadas.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am