This is a wonderful Latin American pudding made with sponge soaked in three types of milk - regular, condensed and evaporated. Serve it in the middle of the table for guests to take a scoop along with a bowl of extra fresh fruit.
- 225 gm (1½ cups) plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 eggs
- 220 gm (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 115 gm unsalted butter, melted
- 395 gm canned condensed milk
- 375 ml (1½ cups) canned evaporated milk
- 250 ml (1 cup) milk
- 500 ml (2 cups) pouring cream
- 4 peaches, cut into wedges
- 1Preheat oven to 180C and lightly butter a 3-litre baking dish. Sift flour, baking powder and ½ tsp salt into a bowl. Whisk eggs and 165gm sugar in an electric mixer on high speed until thick and pale (7-8 minutes). Transfer to a large bowl, fold in flour mixture and vanilla, then fold in butter. Spoon into prepared baking dish, smooth top and bake until golden brown, and a skewer inserted comes out clean (30-35 minutes).
- 2Whisk milks in a jug to combine. Poke holes all over cake using a skewer, then pour milk mixture over cake and set aside to cool.
- 3Whisk cream and remaining sugar to soft peaks, spread over cake, top with peaches and serve.