- 6-8 red capsicums
- 125 ml olive oil (½ cup)
- 100 gm butter
- 125 ml red wine vinegar, to taste (½ cup)
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 150 gm flat pancetta, cut into batons
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 treviso, trimmed, rinsed and quartered (see note)
- 1Using a sharp vegetable peeler, remove skins from capsicums, then halve and remove seeds and membranes. Cut each lengthways into eight. Heat oil and butter over medium heat, add capsicum and cook gently for 20 minutes or until tender, add half the vinegar (¼ cup) and season to taste with sugar, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add pancetta and cook for 5 minutes or until pale pink. Add rosemary, treviso and remaining vinegar, increase heat to high, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until wilted. Add capsicum and set aside to cool. Serve warm.
Note Treviso is a variety of raddichio that has an elongated shape and a sweeter flavour. If unavailable, substitute with radicchio.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm