- ½ tsp white peppercorns
- 1 tsp celery seeds
- 12 slices soft brown bread
- 4 Lebanese cucumbers, unpeeled, thinly sliced widthways on a mandolin
Dill and lemon butter
- 1 tsp white peppercorns
- 250 gm softened cultured butter
- ¼ cup each dill and coarsely chopped chives (firmly packed)
- 2 tsp celery seeds
- 1For dill and lemon butter, pound peppercorns in a mortar and pestle until coarsely ground, transfer to a small food processor, add remaining ingredients, season to taste and process to combine (1-2 minutes). Set aside at room temperature if you’re using it immediately. Dill and lemon butter will keep refrigerated for a week.
- 2Pound peppercorns in a mortar and pestle until coarsely ground, add lemon rind, celery seeds and 1½ tsp sea salt, mix to combine and set aside.
- 3Spread bread slices with dill and lemon butter to taste, top with cucumber, overlapping slices, and season to taste with a little celery salt (reserve remaining). Stack 3 bread slices on top of one another, cucumber sides up, then trim crusts with a serrated knife. Cut into fingers, scatter with micro-cress and serve with remaining celery salt.
Drink Suggestion: Homemade lemonade. Drink suggestion by Max Allen