To mark our 50th anniversary, we collaborated with Patrón Tequila and Neil Perry to create a Mexican-themed birthday feast.
- 500 gm tuna, cut into 5mm dice
- 1 tsp very finely chopped ginger
- ½ Spanish onion, finely chopped
- Juice of 4 limes
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 wild green chillies (or green birdseye chillies), finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves only
- 1 small orange sweet potato (about 300gm), peeled, cut into 5mm dice, boiled until tender
- Kernels from 1 corn cob
- 12 crisp tostadas
- 1 spring onion, sliced crossways
- 1Combine the tuna, ginger, onion and half the lime juice in a bowl and set aside for 5 minutes. Drain off the juices, add all the remaining ingredients, including the remaining lime juice, and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2To serve, spoon the ceviche onto the tostadas and sprinkle with spring onion.