- 100 gm baby beans, trimmed and cut into 3cm lengths
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 200 gm tuna in oil, drained, coarsely flaked
- 150 gm cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 50 gm small black olives, pitted
- 2 golden shallots, thinly shaved on a mandolin
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) small basil leaves, coarsely torn
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp each lemon juice and red wine vinegar
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 baguette, split horizontally
- 1Blanch beans in a saucepan of boiling salted water over medium-high heat until just tender (1-2 minutes), drain, refresh, drain well and transfer to a bowl. Add eggs to boiling water, cook for 6 minutes for soft yolks, drain, refresh under cold running water, peel and coarsely crumble into bowl with beans. Add tuna, tomato, olives, shallot and basil, toss to combine, season to taste.
- 2Whisk oil, lemon juice, vinegar, anchovy and garlic in a bowl to combine, season to taste with freshly ground black pepper, pour over bean mixture and toss to combine.
- 3Spread baguette with mayonnaise, stuff with bean mixture, cut into pieces and serve.
This recipe is from the February 2012 issue of .
Drink Suggestion: Pale, dry rosé. Drink suggestion by Max Allen