- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 100 gm pancetta, cut into batons
- 250 gm duck livers, trimmed
- 30 ml brandy (1½ tbsp)
- 30 ml red wine vinegar (1½ tbsp)
- 45 ml walnut oil
- 6 figs, halved
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves (loosely packed)
- 1 cup watercress (loosely packed)
- 300 gm shredded roast turkey(a combination of leg and breast meat)
- 100 gm toasted walnut halves
- 1Heat oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, add pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or until golden and crisp, then, using a slotted spoon, transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Add livers to the same pan, season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until brown and medium-rare then add to bowl with pancetta.
- 3Return pan to heat, deglaze with brandy, then add vinegar and walnut oil, remove from heat, swirl to combine, season to taste and set dressing aside.
- 4Add remaining ingredients to bowl, pour over dressing, toss lightly to combine and serve immediately.
Drink Suggestion: Succulent Kiwi pinot noir. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsThe best places to visit in Queenstown, New ZealandYesterday 2:30am