This exquisitely pretty martini combines the classic Turkish delight flavours of chocolate and rosewater. This recipe is from by Greg and Lucy Malouf.
- ½ lemon or lime
- To garnish: drinking chocolate
- 45 ml vodka
- 3 tsp white crème de cacao
- 3 tsp good-quality rose syrup (see note)
- 2-3 drops rosewater
- To garnish: rose petals (optional)
- 1Rub the rim of an chilled elegant martini glass with the lemon or lime, then dip into a saucer of drinking chocolate. Combine the vodka, crème de cacao and rose syrup in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Stir well, then strain into the martini glass. Add a few drops of rosewater and garnish with rose petals, if you like.
Rose syrup is available from
and specialty food stores.