You'll need to begin this recipe the day before.
- 60 gm strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 60 gm raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 2½ tbsp rosewater
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 40 gm liquid glucose (see note)
- 500 ml pouring cream (2 cups)
- 60 gm Turkish delight, finely chopped
- 1Combine berries and rosewater in a small bowl, mash together using a fork, then strain into a bowl, discarding solids. Combine berry liquid, eggs, egg yolks, sugar and glucose in a heat-proof bowl and whisk over a pan of simmering water for 7-8 minutes or until thick and pale. Transfer to an electric mixer and whisk until cold. Fold in cream, then Turkish delight, spoon into a 2-litre container and freeze overnight. Serve semifreddo with extra berries and scatter with rosewater.
Note Liquid glucose is available from the baking section of supermarkets and health food stores.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm