You'll need to begin this recipe the day before.
- 60 gm strawberries, hulled and coarsely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 60 gm raspberries, plus extra to serve
- 2½ tbsp rosewater
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 110 gm caster sugar (½ cup)
- 40 gm liquid glucose (see note)
- 500 ml pouring cream (2 cups)
- 60 gm Turkish delight, finely chopped
- 1Combine berries and rosewater in a small bowl, mash together using a fork, then strain into a bowl, discarding solids. Combine berry liquid, eggs, egg yolks, sugar and glucose in a heat-proof bowl and whisk over a pan of simmering water for 7-8 minutes or until thick and pale. Transfer to an electric mixer and whisk until cold. Fold in cream, then Turkish delight, spoon into a 2-litre container and freeze overnight. Serve semifreddo with extra berries and scatter with rosewater.
Note Liquid glucose is available from the baking section of supermarkets and health food stores.