You'll need to begin this recipe two days ahead.
- 2 kg piece of pork loin, rolled and tied
- 1 kg seedless green grapes, snipped into small bunches
- ½ head of garlic, cloves separated
- ½ bunch of thyme
- 50 ml verjuice
- 250 ml verjuice (1 cup)
- 175 gm caster sugar
- 80 gm fine salt
- 1For verjuice brine, combine ingredients in a bowl with 3½ litres cold water.
- 2Place pork in a snug-fitting non-reactive container, pour over brine and refrigerate for 2 days to brine.
- 3Preheat oven to 220C. Remove pork from brine, pat dry with absorbent paper, season to taste and roast in a roasting pan until skin is crisp (20-30 minutes). Reduce heat to 180C and roast for another 45 minutes. Add grapes, garlic and thyme and roast until tender and juices run clear when pork is pierced (15-20 minutes). Remove pork, cover loosely with foil and set aside to rest (15 minutes).
- 4Meanwhile, crush grapes and garlic with a wooden spoon, add verjuice, stir to combine. Season to taste and serve with sliced pork.
Drink Suggestion: Succulent and silky pinot noir. Drink suggestion by Max Allen
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am