Call us fans of cà phê sữa đá, Vietnam's sweet and strong iced coffee with condensed milk. This is our frozen dessert spin-off.
- 100 gm freshly ground coffee
- 2 cinnamon quills, coarsely broken
- 395 gm can condensed milk
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) pure cream
- 150 gm unsalted cashews, finely chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1Combine coffee, cinnamon quills and 600ml boiling water in a coffee plunger; stir to combine, cover and set aside to infuse (10 minutes). Push plunger down and pour coffee into a large bowl. Add condensed milk and cream; mix well, then cover and refrigerate until chilled. (2 hours).
- 2Churn mixture in an ice-cream machine according to manufacturer's instructions, then divide between 10 lightly oiled 80ml (1/3 cup) capacity silicone popsicle moulds. Insert popsicle stick, place on a tray and freeze until firm (4 hours or overnight).
- 3Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Place cashews on an oven tray and roast until golden (10 minutes). Sprinkle over salt and ground cinnamon and toss to combine. Set aside to cool.
- 4Remove popsicles from moulds and sprinkle with cashew crumb to serve.