- 18 brined vine leaves, rinsed, for wrapping (see note)
- 6 buffalo mozzarella (about 250gm each; see note)
- 6 anchovy fillets, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup thyme (loosely packed)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Grilled grapes with herb dressing
- 200 gm seedless red grapes, snipped into small bunches
- 125 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp each coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley, thyme, rosemary and basil
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 120C. Overlap three vine leaves on a work surface to form a circle, top with a mozzarella ball, scatter over some anchovy, thyme, garlic and lemon rind. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with pepper, then wrap to enclose. Repeat with remaining vine leaves, mozzarella, anchovies, thyme, garlic and lemon rind to form six parcels.
- 2Heat a large char-grill pan over medium heat. Drizzle each parcel with a little olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until mozzarella is melted (7-10 minutes). Arrange on an oven tray lined with baking paper and place in oven to keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, for grilled grapes with herb dressing, drizzle grapes with a little olive oil and grill, turning occasionally, until golden (3-5 minutes). Whisk remaining oil, herbs and garlic in a bowl, season to taste, add grilled grapes, toss to coat and serve with warm mozzarella parcels, crusty bread and lemon wedges.
Note Brined vine leaves and buffalo mozzarella are available from select delicatessens.
Drink Suggestion: Crisp, dry Italian-ish white such as vermentino. Drink suggestion by Max Allen