This fried potato salad with a buttery dressing is great served with smoky barbecued chicken, but equally makes an excellent snack to serve with beer.
- 1 kg chat potatoes, unpeeled, cut into 3mm-thick slices on a mandolin
- 60 gm butter, coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Finely grated rind and juice of 2 limes, plus wedges to serve
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- For shallow-frying: olive oil
- 100 gm Greek feta, coarsely crumbled
- 3 pickled chillies, thinly sliced
- To serve: coriander
- 1Soak potato in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes to remove starch, drain, rinse, then blot thoroughly dry with absorbent paper.
- 2While potatoes are soaking, stir butter, garlic, lime rind and smoked paprika in a saucepan over low heat until butter melts, then cook gently until well flavoured (8-10 minutes). Season to taste, remove from heat, add lime juice and set aside.
- 3Heat 3cm oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat until just shimmering, add potato in batches and shallow-fry, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender (4-5 minutes). Drain well on absorbent paper, transfer to a bowl, drizzle with a little lime butter, season to taste and toss to combine. Crumble feta over potatoes, scatter with pickled chilli and coriander, dust with extra paprika and serve with lime wedges and extra lime butter.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Restaurant NewsSurf’s up: Three Blue Ducks is coming to MelbourneYesterday 11:00pm