- 400 gm kipfler potatoes, scrubbed
- 80 ml extra-virgin olive oil (1/3 cup)
- 2 golden shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 100 gm flat pancetta, cut into batons
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 1 head radicchio, cut into wedges
- 200 gm cacciotta (see note)
- 1Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold salted water, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until just tender, drain and cool, then peel and slice thickly lengthways.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, add shallot and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes or until soft. Add potatoes and pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes or until pancetta is crisp, then add vinegar and lemon juice, remove from heat and season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3Place radicchio in a bowl, add potato mixture, toss to coat, coarsely crumble over cacciotta, season to taste, combine and serve warm.
Note Cacciotta is a semi-soft cheese made from cow's and/sheep's milk. We used a chilli and rocket version available from Paesanella Cheese, Fratelli Fresh and Simon Johnson. If unavailable, substitute with plain cacciotta.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsWhere to eat, sleep and visit in Melbourne right nowYesterday 8:00pm