This is super-quick to make. You just need to be patient and let it freeze properly.
- 750 gm seedless watermelon, coarsely chopped, chilled
- 45 ml lime juice, or to taste
- 25 ml gin
- 15 gm pure icing sugar, sieved
- 40 gm blackberries
- 30 ml blackcurrant cordial
- 30 ml crème de cassis
- 1Process 300gm watermelon in a food processor and pass through a coarse sieve to yield 300ml juice. Add lime juice, gin and icing sugar and stir well to dissolve sugar. Divide among six 1/3 cup-capacity moulds and freeze until starting to firm (1-2 hours).
- 2Process blackberries and remaining watermelon in a food processor and pass through a coarse sieve to yield 400ml juice. Add cordial and crème de cassis, stir to combine, then divide among moulds. Freeze until just firm (1-2 hours), insert popsicle sticks and freeze until completely frozen (2-3 hours). Unmould icy poles and serve immediately.
Note Crème de cassis is a blackcurrant liqueur available from select bottle shops.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Chef's RecipesIcebergs' ricotta with white poached quince and honeyYesterday 10:14pm