On a hot day, a salad of watermelon and feta is refreshment itself. Add sweet prawns and perhaps some crusty bread and you can turn it into a meal.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 16 medium uncooked prawns, cleaned, tails intact
- ¾ cup (loosely packed) each mint, coriander and flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup (loosely packed) chervil
- ¼ Spanish onion, very thinly sliced on a mandolin and soaked in iced water for 2 minutes
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 60 ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve (¼ cup)
- 400 gm watermelon, cut into thin triangles
- 100 gm Persian feta, coarsely crumbled
- Seeds of ¼ pomegranate
- 1Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat, season prawns to taste, add to pan in batches and fry, turning occasionally, until golden and just cooked through (2-3 minutes), then set aside.
- 2Combine herbs, drained onion, lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil in a bowl, season to taste, toss to combine and set aside.
- 3Arrange watermelon on a platter, top with prawns, scatter with feta, pomegranate seeds and herb salad, drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil, season to taste and serve.