You'll need to begin this recipe the day before.
- 1 kg watermelon flesh
- 130 gm caster sugar
- ¼ cup mint leaves (loosely packed)
- 2 tsp rosewater
- 1Coarsely chop half the watermelon and process in a food processor until smooth, then strain, discarding solids. Freeze overnight, then using a fork, scrape into crystals and freeze until required.
- 2Combine sugar and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan and stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil and simmer for 2 minutes. Add mint and rosewater, remove from heat, cool completely and strain, discarding solids.
- 3To serve, using a melon baller, scoop remaining watermelon into balls and divide among serving bowls. Drizzle with rose and mint syrup, top with watermelon ice
and serve immediately.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsMade in India: the designers and makers of BengaluruYesterday 4:59am