White chocolate and bananas up the ante in this dessert, giving the puddings a beguiling richness that's perfect for winter.
- 1.2 litres milk
- 1 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- 100 gm short grain rice
- 50 gm caster sugar
- For greasing: butter
- 3 bananas, coarsely chopped
- 80 gm white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- For dusting: freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 180C. Bring milk, vanilla bean and vanilla seeds to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat, add rice and sugar, stir to combine, remove vanilla bean (discard) and set aside.
- 2Divide banana and chocolate among 6 buttered 500ml baking dishes, pour over milk mixture, dust with nutmeg and bake until liquid is absorbed, rice is tender and a golden skin forms (1-1½ hours). Serve hot.