- 750 ml sparkling white wine
- 300 gm caster sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 6 white peaches, scored
- 6 black plums, scored
- 250 gm (about 1 punnet) strawberries, thinly sliced
- 125 gm (1 punnet) raspberries
- To serve: organic nasturtium petals (optional, see note)
- To serve: vanilla bean ice-cream (optional)
- 1Combine wine, sugar, vanilla bean and 250ml water in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, add peaches, cook until skins can be easily removed (3-5 minutes). Remove with a slotted spoon, set aside to cool.
- 2Add plums to syrup, cook until skins can be easily removed (20-30 seconds), then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside to cool.
- 3Place syrup in a bowl placed over ice and stir occasionally until chilled (2-4 minutes). Peel peaches and plums, cut into wedges and arrange in serving bowls (place the plums carefully as they will stain the peaches). Scatter over strawberries and raspberries, drizzle with syrup to taste (see note), scatter with petals and serve with vanilla ice-cream, if you like.
Note Nasturtiums are available from select growers' markets. Remaining syrup can be reused for poaching.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesCitrus-cured salmon with horseradish cream and bagelsYesterday 11:00pm
- Fast RecipesChar-grilled capsicum salad with sherry vinaigretteYesterday 11:00pm