- 1 ya li pear, thinly sliced widthways
- 1 radicchio di Treviso, leaves separated
- 1 blanched curly endive, leaves separated (see note)
- 2 white witlof, leaves separated (see note)
- 50 gm aged pecorino, shaved
- 25 ml Vin de Maury vinegar (see note)
- 30 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 1For vinaigrette, whisk ingredients in a small bowl to combine. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Combine pear, radicchio, endive, witlof and pecorino in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing, toss to combine and serve immediately.
Blanched curly endive and white witlof are grown without sunlight to prevent leaves turning green. Available from Darling Mills Farm. Substitute with any bitter leaves. Maury vinegar is made in Maury in Roussillon, France and is available from GJ Foods. If unavailable, substitute with sherry vinegar.
Drink Suggestion: Fruity pinot grigio. Drink suggestion by Max Allen