Originally from Naples, this tangy side dish is a summertime classic throughout southern and central Italy. It's great for entertaining - it can be made ahead and served at room temperature or chilled, and is just as good the day after it's made.
- Olive oil, for brushing
- 4 zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 cup mint (firmly packed)
- ¼ garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of ½ lemon, or to taste
- 1 tsp aged white wine vinegar
- 1Heat a large frying pan over high heat, brush pan lightly with olive oil, and fry zucchini in batches, turning occasionally, until golden brown (2-3 minutes each side). Remove from heat and drain on paper towels.
- 2For mint dressing, process ingredients in a blender until smooth and season to taste. Transfer to a bowl, add zucchini, toss to combine and serve.