- 2 zucchini
- 1 small carrot
- 1 small Spanish onion, finely shaved using a mandolin
- 35 gm self-raising flour (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 3 eggs, separated
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1Shred zucchini and carrot lengthways using a mandolin (or coarsely grate) and place in a large bowl, add onion, flour and cumin seeds and toss. Stir egg yolks through and season
to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Whisk eggwhites to firm peaks and
gently fold through fritter mixture.
- 2Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Place 2 tablespoonfuls of mixture into pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden. Serve immediately with braised bacon.
Note Serve this dish with braised bacon with breakfast sauce.