Shown with <a href="/silverbeet_patties.htm">silverbeet patties</a> (left).
- 3 globe artichokes (see note)
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 125 ml white wine vinegar (½ cup)
- 6 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 10 gm finely grated parmesan (2 tbsp)
- 1Peel away the first few layers of the artichokes’ hard outer leaves until you reach the pale inner leaves, then trim tops. Trim stalk, removing all green outer skin. Quarter artichoke hearts and place in a bowl with lemon juice and enough cold water to cover.
- 2Meanwhile, bring vinegar, 1 tbsp sea salt and 1 litre water to the boil in a large pan. Drain artichoke, discarding lemon water, add to vinegar water and simmer until stalks are tender (10-12 minutes). Drain and cool.
- 3Preheat oven to 200C. Halve prosciutto lengthways and wrap one piece around each artichoke quarter. Place artichokes on a baking tray, then drizzle with olive oil, scatter over parmesan and bake until golden brown (12-15 minutes). Serve with <a href="silverbeet_patties.htm">silverbeet patties</a>.
If unavailable, substitute globe artichokes with artichokes in brine and omit step 1.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Browse All RecipesArtichoke and salted ricotta tart with salsa verdeYesterday 10:00pm