"When I put a version of this on the menu at Le 6, I imagined summer back home on the north coast of New South Wales - so many avocados that you can buy them from honesty boxes on the side of the road," says Clugston. "It's just really good done simply, but with a taste of everything - salty, sweet, fruity. It's also great served with caviar."
- 3 kiwifruit, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 110 gm green olives, such as Sicilian, pitted (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed well and drained
- 2 heaped tbsp mixed (loosely packed) small lemon verbena leaves and marigold petals (optional; see note)
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- 1For lemon dressing, whisk ingredients in a bowl, season to taste.
- 2Combine salad ingredients except lemon verbena and petals in a bowl. Add dressing, season to taste and toss gently to coat. Transfer to a platter or serving plates, scatter with lemon verbena and petals, and serve.
Lemon verbena and marigold are available at nurseries.
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- Fast RecipesBeef koftas with green couscous and pistachio nutsYesterday 12:00am