- 4 baby snapper (500gm each), scored
- 100 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sumac
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
Cabbage, mint and caraway salad
- 1 tbsp caraway seeds
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 60 ml olive oil (¼ cup)
- ¼ cabbage (about 600gm)
- 1¼ cups (loosely packed) mint
- 1Heat a coal barbecue to medium-high heat. Season fish to taste and barbecue, turning occasionally, until cooked through and golden (12-14 minutes). Arrange on a platter, drizzle with oil and scatter with sumac.
- 2Meanwhile, for cabbage, mint and caraway salad, dry-roast caraway seeds until fragrant (10-20 seconds) and set aside. Shake lemon juice and oil in a bottle or jar to combine, season to taste and set aside. Shred cabbage into a bowl, add mint, caraway seeds and lemon dressing, toss to combine and serve with fish and lemon wedges.
Drink Suggestion: Riesling, ideally one from the Batroun Mountains in north Lebanon Drink suggestion by Joseph Abboud
The Latest from Gourmet Traveller
- DestinationsA year-round travel guide to Austria's western AlpsYesterday 12:00am