"The Rob Roy is a famous whisky cocktail with Scotch, sweet vermouth and bitters. This one has an Asian twist, therefore, for a bit of fun, Rob Choy." - Hamish Ingham, Bar H, Sydney
- To serve: ice cubes
- 1 large piece of orange rind, removed with a peeler
- 45 ml Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban (see note)
- 15 ml Martini Rosso
- 3 splashes Peychaud’s Bitters
- 1 tbsp allspice sugar syrup (see note)
- 1Fill a large tumbler with ice to three-quarters full. Add remaining ingredients (except rind) and stir for 20 seconds. Top with a little fresh ice so that ice sits above level of the liquid, rub rim of glass with rind, drop rind into glass as garnish and serve.
Note Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban is a single-malt Scotch whisky. You can substitute any good-quality Scotch whisky. To make allspice sugar syrup, bring equal quantities of caster sugar (1/3 cup) and water (1/3 cup) to the boil, add allspice to taste (about ½ tsp), remove from heat and cool completely. The quantities given here will make about 125ml syrup.